Our Values & Principles
Equality before the law and Equity in all spheres of society.
Family is the foundation of society. Women, men, youth and children must be considered equally and equitably within the overarching theme of the family.
- Mainstreaming recognises that the needs and concerns of women, youth and children — and other marginalised groups — are cross-cutting.
- Achieving gender equality is the shared responsibility of women and men, girls and boys.
- Women, youth and children must be central to planning for development so that distributions of resources for development are fair;
- Partnerships between government and NGOs/CSOs and with donor partners can facilitate holistic development.
- A healthy environment is essential for a sustainable future. This includes the human environment: Women, youth and children ‘in harm’s way’ must be protected.
Our Five Strategic Objectives
- Advance gender equality and enhance women’s development.
- End all forms of violence against women
- Develop Solomon Islands youth to achieve their full potential.
- Protect and develop the interests and rights of our children.
- Develop & manage MWYCFA’s professional and organisational abilities to accomplish the above.
Learn more about our Strategic Goals here.